HOW GAMMA KNOWS THAT AN ONLINE DIRECTORY GRID PAYS OFF?
Formatting a leaflet costs time and money. It is easy to place the leaflet, formatted for physical distribution, online as well. However, evidence is piling up that this costs the retailer money. For GAMMA, there were several reasons to create a grid specifically for the online leaflet:
- The digital leaflet is separately a tool in the marketing mix
- Online reading experience is totally different from offline
- The ROI of webshop conversions alone is already very high
- The digital folder will become more important in the future
1. WHAT ARE THE ACHIEVEMENTS NOW?
2. ONLINE FOLDER GRID
How does the layout of the digital leaflet differ from the physical version? The reading experience in a digital leaflet is much more volatile than in the physical version. Therefore, it is important to be able to see at a glance what offers are on a page. It is also very important that the space on a mobile screen, tablet screen and laptop are well used. Therefore, GAMMA made the following choices for a digital folder grid:
- Different format, suitable for mobile
- Only from & for price and title of product
- 1 product image per listing
- CTA buttons
- Deletion of small texts
Several weeks of A/B testing occurred during the measurement period. During an A/B test, the optimized version and the non-optimized version are put live at the same time. This way there is a pure comparison in the performance of both versions. The contents of the folders are the same and therefore do not cause a difference in performance.